Giving is an expression of our discipleship. As disciples ofJesus Christ, we are called to a spirit of generosity. As grateful stewards, we realize that all we are and all we have is gift. And with blessings comes responsibility. We share a common belief that we should return to the Lord a generous portion of what God has given to us.
Annual Commitment Sunday
In the fall of each year, every household is asked to make a financial commitment to Mount Saint Peter Parish and to be faithful to that commitment throughout the year. Your regular weekly/monthly offering supports the parish operating budget; helps sustain our liturgical, educational, and outreach ministries; and enables us to plan wisely for the future.
Registered parishioners receive a packet of offering envelopes every two months. The use of offering envelopes is a "win - win" situation. It enables our staff to more effectively manage parish financial resources and offers you the benefit of an accurate record of your annual giving. For your convenience, you may also arrange for automatic, electronic giving.
To help you plan your giving, we offer two convenient means of automatic giving:
- Instruct your bank to send your regular offering check to Mount Saint Peter Parish every month.
- Sign up for Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) by completing the online Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) Authorization Form
Benefits for you and Mount Saint Peter Parish
- An opportunity to plan your giving in a thoughtful manner and to make your gift from the "first fruits" of your financial resources
- No more weekly checks to write
- Your gift is received even if you are not present at Sunday Eucharist.
- You decide whether your gift is made on weekly or monthly.
- You may still participate in the Sunday Collection by marking your envelope “EFT” and placing it in the collection basket.
- Mount Saint Peter Parish benefits from your regular, consistent giving.